End of week 6...wow!
The Universal Loving Kindness meditation was interesting. I enjoyed this one just because it feels like intercessory prayer and I find when I pray, it's my thing. It feels more natural to pray for others than for myself. I guess it is the Mom in me....I think about what's best for everyone else before myself. The only thing I found difficult about this was reading it, as opposed to listening to it. Can't close your eyes and read! However, a few rounds through and I got it.
The integral assessment process was a lot more thought provoking. There again, thinking about what is best for me feels...odd. The area I definitely need to work on the most is biological. Interpersonal, worldly and psychospiritual seem to be stronger points for me. Taking care of myself physically...on all levels, exercise, nutrition and self-regulation....all need work. I have a hard time forcing myself to make time for exercise and to make the best choices as far as nutrition. It isn't that I don't know better, it is just tough when you are at the mercy of everyone else's decisions and cooking abilities! lol
I think the best thing I can do as far as exercise, as I mentioned before in a previous post, is to schedule myself. Make it part of my daily calendar and to do list. Nuttition-wise, I need to remember to make the healthiest choices....because I am hurting myself when I don't. I am also hurting the people who love me, because I am shortening my life with them.
Very thought provoking.
Have a great week #7 all....we are in the home stretch!
Hello Vickie, I feel the same way. I always put my family before myself. I also believe that God would want us to do and wish good things for other people. Great blog.
ReplyDelete